The skills of strategic workforce planning are some of the most highly prized and valuable skills that an organisation can possess.
Companies know that if they invest in effective workforce planning, they are investing in the future stability, productivity, culture and success of their business and significantly reducing the risks that are posed by shifting markets and global shortages in talent.
Strategic workforce planning provides a sophisticated response to a series of complex questions:
- What is the current business performance of our organisation?
- How is the workforce performing?
- What are the business forecasts and objectives for the future?
- What workforce will we need in terms of the number, type, location, cost, knowledge and skill base, structure and culture to deliver the future objectives and meet business need?
- How will we grow the expertise of our existing workforce and source the talent we need to meet the likely shortfall?
- How to we continue to be productive and profitable and at the same time redesign and reshape the workforce to meet the future needs?
Finding accurate answers to these questions requires business and organisational analytical skills that are rare and highly valuable. Understanding and closing the gap between current and projected talent needs can make all the difference in your ability to deliver your business strategy.
Strategic Workforce Planning helps ensure you achieve:
- the right people,
- with the right knowledge and skills,
- with the right attitude and work behaviours,
- in the right place,
- at the right time,
- at the right price.
Workforce Planning delivers analysis and evidence-based decisions that improve short, medium and long-term recruiting, retaining, succession planning, learning and development
How can we help?
With decades of successful expertise in every aspect of strategic workforce planning our consultants can support your needs by :
- Working with you to analyse and plan your workforce needs.
- Helping you write strategic workforce plans.
- Supporting the implementation of your workforce plans to facilitate a more predictable future.
- Developing learning training and qualifications for your HR staff to develop your in-house skill and knowledge base so that you have a powerful business resource for the future.
- Developing the skills of workforce planning at every level of the HR function and in your operational managers so that it becomes embedded as a business function.
- Sharing successful workforce planning models developed for western business and government.
- Partnering with you for the long term to support the delivery of excellence in strategic workforce planning so that your future business forecasts are more likely to be delivered.
- Work with you and for you in researching and defining local labour market intelligence to define sources of talent.
- Support all aspects of the workforce development process.